Yo home slice!
That’s the way Finn is greeting people these days. Is anyone else’s kid speaking indecipherable jargon? I mean, this goes way beyond being psyched, and it’s a ginormous buzz kill to interpret.
I’m experimenting with a new feature that should add the title of your latest blog post to your comment. Please comment and let’s see if it works or if the whole shebang crashes to bits. Thanks to Jennifer for this cool idea.
I don’t have to tell you that the holidays are upon us. I realized that I totally forgot to put up a guide for spouses, and I’m not going to do it now. Instead, you men who are floundering, get ye to the jewelry counter posthaste!
Before you go, check and see if your lover wears silver or gold. I say this only because MY lover once gave me a gift of silver jewelry, and while I acted appropriately grateful, inwardly I was miffed, as I never wear the stuff. It makes me look as if I might faint.
Some of you may be lucky enough to have lovers who wear both, in which case ignore the above.
Ladies, feel free to point your significant others to this page to make your wishes known. I’ll go ahead and number a few things I liked so you can put a sticky note on your monitor for even better hinting. Lord, do I make this easy on you or what??
1. Cool earrings
3. I’m about to trade in the long pearls my mom bought me in the 1983 for a Choker Length strand because a choker is less matronly and you can wear it casually or for a night out.
4. The threat of receiving an Auburn thong for Christmas led me to do a little research on birthstone jewelry. The whole baby doll on a chain with stone is not my cup of tea (see above) but there are lots of other options out there, such as this Sapphire and Diamond Circle Pendant or this beautiful Ruby pendant.
5. Actually, though, the place to go for any jewelry if you know what stone you want is JewelsForMe, where I saw a lovely opal bracelet, garnet earrings, and a peridot pendant. You can shop by stone, price, yellow or white gold, and type of jewelry on this easy to navigate site. It has jewelry in a range of prices.
6. I’m not totally against silver. It’s great for some people, and Overstock had fabulous examples. I thought these Mexican hoops were awesome.
7. I don’t know that this is a Christmas or Hanukkah gift. However, I’m a huge fan of the gift that keeps on giving, and by that I mean a gift that you can add to over the years. I mentioned adding to collections in one of my earlier gift guides.
This is new since I had kids but now men are evidently giving their wives a present each time they have a baby. My thought is RUN to the Bill Barnes website and look under “designers” at the Hidalgo rings. Don’t freak out – you’ll see lots of patriotic and nature designs at first – ye gods!
But if you click on “Hidalgo Guards” and “Bracelets” (no teddy bears for me, thanks!) and “Classic Styles,” you’ll see that Hidalgo is all about adding rings together, or a set of Moon and Stars bracelets, and you could add one piece each time you add a kid. And if you want to walk around with turtles on your finger, well go right ahead and suit yourself. I’ll be going Contemporary myself.
For all of you still looking for ideas:
Leave a comment and see what happens, home slice!